Op/sentinel lymph node etc in next few says.scared!!!

• 2 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi

I'm about to have my fourth vulval op. A wide local excision found an SCC so im going to have that removed.

I'm really frightened about the radioactive injection I have to have the day before as it will be in the fourchette..so a sensitive area.

Are these injections as bad as they're made out to be? And has anyone any advice on recovering from the lymph node removal please?

I just want ut all over and done with. It's the not knowing what to expect that makes it scary...even my gp said its painful...

• Hello Loobiloo

I hope you do not mind me responding as I had a different kind of cancer to you. Mine was womb cancer but hopefully by responding I can bump your post so it will be seen by someone who can help.

I can understand how nervous you must be about the injection. Have you got a CNS that you could talk to and ask about it? Maybe they can offer something to numb the area a bit first? I understand that you just want to get it all done. I was the same with my treatments. Not knowing can make it feel more scary so I wonder if talking it through with your CNS may be the best option as they would be routinely doing the procedure whereas your GP is more for general medicine.

Hopefully someone who has had the same procedure will now see this and be able to answer your questions.

I wish you well with your treatment. If there is anything else that you need, please just ask.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you..much appreciated xx