Vulva cancer

• 1 reply
  • 29 subscribers

Been diagnosed  with vulva cancer 4 months ago. Had scans biosopy  nothing spread. Going to have surgery  to remove ulcerated lump and lymph  nodes. Got discharge  around area but not cancerous . Doctor said pre cancerous. Feeling scared.  And what does pre cancerous  mean

• Hello Layla22

I am sorry to see that you had a diagnosis of vulva cancer 4 months ago. It is reassuring that the scans and biopsy shows that it has not spread. I hope that you do not have to wait too long to have your surgery and that it goes well for you.

I am sorry that you are worried about the discharge and not sure what the doctor meant by pre cancerous. Why not give the Support Line a quick call and speak to one of the nurses. The number is below.They are also available on Online Chat.

There is also an Ask the Nurse section that you could post on for more information- however they normally respond within 3 working days so it may be better to phone instead.

Ask a Nurse - Macmillan Online Community

I will also pop a link below for a booklet that may help answer some of your questions.

Cancer of the vulva booklet | Macmillan Cancer Support

Hope this helps, but if there is anything else you need, please do ask.

I wish you well with your surgery.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm