Just saying hi

• 2 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi all

Just joined this group so thought I’d share a quick summary. First diagnosed with vulva cancer on the outside of the bagina two years ago. Had surgery where there also removed two lymph nodes from the groin. Then five weeks of radiotherapy. Got the all clear but then it was back 4 months later, this time lesions on the mons area. 
more surgery followed by 5 months chemo, followed by third sun. . Again got the all clear but again, it was back 3 months later. More lesions and in the lymph nodes again but now it’s also in the pelvic nodes. 
Another surgery due in a couple of weeks but now they don’t know what else to do for the nodes. Am waiting to find out whether they can try a different chemo or whether there might be trials at the Marsden. 
scary times but am trying to stay positive Blush

• Hello Lovely6

Welcome to the Online Community. I hope that you find it a supportive and informative place to be. I am sorry to read about your journey with vulva cancer. 

I hope that your surgery goes well and that they will soon be able to talk about other possible treatments with you. Its totally normal to feel scared and I hope that you will gain some comfort by sharing with people who are on the same journey as you. 

Please feel free to post on here as much as it helps. If you would prefer to talk things through with someone there is a phone number for the support line at the bottom of this. They are lovely on there and will understand. 

Good luck with your surgery and please let us know how you get on and also if there is any other support you need.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello, thankyou for sharing your journey, please know that you are in a safe place and with others that understand your anxiety and fear .

I wish you well and a speedy recovery, stay strong - you’ve got this Blush

Debs