One Week on

• 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi  all vulvectomy warriors,  I would like to know how you got on with  urinating after this op

I've had a few accidents! I don't feel a strong urge to go to the toilet and this morning got out of bed and peed myself.  The surgeon said to me things will take time and be patient. 

also as I get into the bathroom where my loo is just before I sit down I loose some pee but manage to do most in the loo.

please advise me if you have gone through this  I don't like talking so graphically about this stuff but after a vulvectomy you have to leave all modesty behind you. 

• Hi  ,

I can’t say I’ve experienced this exactly, more a case of when I needed to go, I needed to go. This has got much better now though. Hopefully someone with a better understanding will come along soon. Hopefully as your muscles build back up things will improve. 

I hope you are recovering well. I’m here if you want to talk or have any questions. 

Take care, 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello there

I’ve not checked in for a while so only just read your message.

I never experienced this issue but like your other reply....I didn’t need to go one minute but the next I really needed to go.

It might just be a case of time and muscles etc 

Hope by now things are improving for you. X