Just been diagnosed

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi, just been diagnosed after having day surgery on 10 Jan to remove a lump and leathery inner labia. Had a MRI yesterday and CT scan today. Been referred to University College Hospital, London for treatment and told that I will hear from them in 4-6 weeks. Feeling fairly positive at the moment although think anxiety will set in as time goes by as to whether it has spread. I don’t know what questions I should be asking? Any advice would be appreciated? Also has anyone had their treatment at UCH? 

Thanks

• Hi  ,

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis, although I am pleased to hear you’re managing to remain positive. 

With regards to questions, I think it differs from person to person. For me I needed a plan. It was important to know what to expect. Recovery times and expectations following surgery felt important. Are you having chemo/radiation? If so I guess any questions you have around the treatment you’re having. One thing I will say is there’s no such thing as a silly question. If it feels important to you then it’s important. 

I didn’t require any further treatment following my surgery so am not very clued up on that side of things, but I’m here if you want to chat or if there’s anything I may be able to help with.

Take care,

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks. I don’t have the full diagnosis yet. Have had surgery to remove lump, MRI & CT scan and referred from local hospital to UNiversity College Hospital, London. I have been told they will be in touch once they have decided and arranged the treatment plan. Now is the anxious wait (4-6 weeks) with everything crossed that it hasn’t spread. 

• Hi  

The waiting can be so difficult. Hopefully you can keep yourself distracted whilst you're waiting. I will be keeping everything crossed that it hasn't spread Fingers crossed tone2.

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm