Extra mammary Paget’s disease

• 5 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi my name is Margaret, I’ve recently been diagnosed with extra mammary Paget’s disease, I’m currently using Aldara (imiquimod) cream to shrink the area before surgery.

im struggling a lot with the pain, I am currently using morphine and ice packs as well as soaking in the bath to try help subside the burning pain.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how else I can manage the pain.

Thank you in advance 

• Hi ,

My diagnosis is different to yours and I have no experience of Aldara. So I’m not much use to you I’m afraid, but I wanted to stop by to say if you just want a friendly chat then I have had vulval cancer and surgery to remove it so do have some understanding.

Take care,

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello Crowmargaret Like you I have recently been diagnosed with EMPD and have this week commenced treatment with Aldara. The plan is to apply the cream 3 times per weeks with a review by the Gynae/Oncologist in 8 weeks. I am only on my second application and so far so good but I am prepared for pain. My worry is that perhaps I am not applying the cream correctly or extensively enough. I didn't receive any hands-on instruction which I think would have been helpful. Any advice. There is an international EMPD group with closed Facebook page. Most contributors are in USA but I have identified another 2 in UK. Regards  

• You might ask about Gabapentin to help with the pain.I have vulvar cancer and need surgery Exenteration anterrior and posterrior .In the early days Gabapentin helped.

Dream

• Hi Peggy80  I have friend requested you so that we can chat about Aldara

• Hi Crowmargaret I have sent a friend request, I am happy to chat about Aldara application.