Vin3

• 24 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi all,  I'm new to this group but not new to Macmillan. Had a vulvar biopsy on 7th February and today I received letter confirming Vin3,  classic P16 diffusely positive (whatever that means).  Consultant also advised it is pre cancer and no evidence of cancer Fingers crossedBeen told will be removed by surgery.  Also received preop appointment.  

Scary stuff, not sure how I feel or what's  going to happen.  Anyone out there who can offer advice, support ....anything, then please let me know.  Thanks in advance.   xox

• Hi ,

I had a surgery to remove VIN3 last February.

My advice would be don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to and have some comfortable clothes for post op. Jogging bottoms, dresses or skits are ideal. Also a peri bottle or a giant syringe to rise the area after using the loo/dilute urine while using the loo is good.  

If you have any questions then please fire away. I’m very happy to answer them if I am able to Slight smile  I’m also here for general chat and support  

Take care,

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Vulvar cancer warrior, 

Thank you for your reply.  It was comforting to hear from someone and reassuring I wasn't  alone.

Went for my preop assessment today and if all is OK, surgery next Friday.  I will be relieved when it's done! Got my fingers crossed and hope everything goes OK. 

Already got suitable clothing and a bottle ... needed them for the biopsy.  Expecting it to be uncomfortable for a while and intend to take it easy.

Will let you know how it goes.

Pariscat xx

• Hi ,

Sorry for the slow reply. 

It sounds as though they are getting you in quickly, which is good. I was the same when it come to being relieved when it was done, I hated having it hanging over me. 

It sounds as though you have the important things covered.

I hope all is well and your surgery goes ahead on Friday. 

Wishing you the very best of luck and looking forward to hearing from you afterwards. 

Take care,

Vulval cancer warrior xx

• Hi vulvar cancer warrior, 

Thanks for your reply. Is was so good to hear from you.  I am really glad I don't have to hang around too long...much prefer to get it done quickly. 

Thanks for your kind wishes .....still keeping fingers crossed Fingers crossed 

Will let you know how I am after surgery.  

Pariscat xx

• Hi ,

Youre most welcome Slight smile

If you think of anything you would like to ask or need a chat before Friday then please do message. If not then take  care and good luck.

Message when you feel up to it. 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

• Good morning Vulval cancel warrior,  Hope you are OK.

Had my op on Friday and went OK.....bit sore when sitting so kind of laying on my side trying not stretch the wound too much.  

Been told there's a risk of infection and gave me antibiotics also mentioned risk of tearing which sounds terrible.  Thinking  Also given laxative .....soon be running to the loo. Flushed 

Taking things easy and trying not to worry!!  Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

Pariscat

• Hi ,

Thank you for the update, I was wondering how you got on  

I am good thank you Slight smile

I am pleased your op went ok! 

I was also given antibiotics as a precaution. Hopefully the laxative is only mild and doesn’t cause an upset tummy. 

It is definitely best to take it easy. Take that from someone that didn’t and ended up with complications and slowing the recovery process down. 

I wish you a speedy recovery. Please do message at any time Slight smile

Take care,

Vulval cancer warrior xx

• Hi Vulal Cancer Warrior, 

Hooe you are keeping well.  

Almost 4 weeks post op.... how time flies!!  First week I was thoroughly exhausted so spent the time reading, resting, sleeping .... doing nothing.  Second week it hit me what I had been through since January.  Very emotional.... this may sound a bit weird but I feel as if I have been mutilated.  Trying hard not to think too much but sometimes I feel overwhelmed.

Anyway moving on, I should receive the results in a couple of weeks .... hate waiting but you already know what it feels like.  Fingers crossed Fingers crossed  for a good result.

Take care.

Pariscat

• Hi ,

Thank you for making contact, it is good to hear from you.

I think what you describe is very normal! whilst we await surgery ect we have a distraction and then all of a sudden it just hits us. It was certainly that way for me anyhow. I have found it does get easier with time though. 

The waiting is awful! I am keeping everything crossed for a good result Fingers crossed.

Here if you want to chat at any point.

Take care,

Vulval cancer warrior xx

• Hi Vulval Cancer Warrier,

Hope you are keeping well and enjoying summer Blush   Received the results which confirmed Vin3 only. All margins clear of at least 4mm.  No evidence of invasive cancer.  

I'm relieved and glad about the result but ... why is there always a but.  Still can't stop thinking about it, what happens next, is there more treatment required.......Will it return.  Read through some of the info/comments  on this website.  Scary stuff Grimacing  

Keep telling myself I should be pleased and I am but...would have been better not to get it in the first place.  Still don't know much about it,  and difficult to know what questions to ask.  

Anyway, I have an appointment in July to see the consultant ...haven't  seen him since I had the biopsy in February!!  Still got a bit of time to sort my head out and hopefully think of some questions.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.  

Take care. xx