VIN 3

• 6 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi, new here, just thought I'd reach out to people who know what I'm going through, iv had a WLE in January 2020,with no clear margins, brought back in to have that sorted plus more removed from the opposite side August 2020. 

• Hi  and welcome to the group, although I’m sorry you find yourself here.

I had a WLE in Feb 2021 for VIN3. It came back as vulval cancer and they didn’t get the full 1cm margin, so I had further surgery to get a full 1cm margin.

I know what you’re going through and am more than happy to chat Slight smile

Take care,

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank u, its so hard to just try and explain what it's all about especially to anyone who doesn't have it, they think aw right that's in ur womb then Thinking no.. They just don't get that we ate loosing part of our woman hood biit by bit, it's just so frustrating..

• Hi ,

I can empathise with trying to explain it to others. I have found a lot of people don’t know which part the vulva is or they assume it’s my cervix, especially when I say it started with cell changes. I had to explain it to my dad 3 times as he had no idea which part the vulva was. I appreciate your frustration, I worry about losing anymore. It’s such a private part of the body to keep having bits removed from, but I remind myself that it’s worth it to be cancer free. 

I find groups like this really helpful, it’s so nice to be able to speak to other people that truly get it! 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

• Hi, aww I no its hard to explain when no1 knows what ur talking about, so true if it keeps cancer away then take it off bit by bit, but I suppose it's still very emotional for us because there's no other treatment but surgery, plus if chemo was needed for cancer, thanks for replying 

• Hi ,

I agree, it’s still very emotional. Here’s hoping we don’t have to have any further surgery. 

No worries at all, im always here to chat Slight smile

Vulval cancer warrior xx