Vulva cancer

• 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi, I've just been diagnosed with vulva cancer..I had a wide local excition and biopsy mapping. I came back as cancer and still some places are vin 3. Have to have second surgery now of a half vulvectomy because the cancer is only on one side of my vulva. I was only told I have cancer three days ago. But it's only just sinking in and I feel terrified.

• Hi ,

Welcome to the online community, although I’m sorry you find yourself here. 

I think your feelings of feeling terrified are perfectly normal. I remember feeling the same.

I’m here if you want a chat or have any questions. My diagnosis was VIN 3 and then vulval cancer and I had 2 wide local excisions to remove it. I also had a sentinel node biopsy. I would be happy to answer any questions around my experience.

Good luck with your second surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Take care, 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Lleon,  so sorry to hear another person has joined this horrid group.  

I was in shock/disbelief for ages.  I have had surgery cancelled twice and now its 5th January.  As my patch is close to my Clitoris I am having it removed as part of a vulvectomy. At the moment I am taking one day at a time.

Its the best way.  Make sure you ask loads of questions, make notes whenever you think of them even if its in the middle of the night.

Its not an easy thing to tell people about or discuss.  Unbelievably someone who I always believed to be sensible said "well its not like loosing a leg or arm".  Well its my clitoris. 

Of course you are terrified

Always here if you want to vent

xx