My mum please help me

• 1 reply
  • 31 subscribers

My mum has vulva cancer, had surgery x2 and radio+chemo but the cancer is still active in lymph nodes of the groin and now one in the pelvis. They are offering a chemo only now and saying theirs not much more they can do after this and surgery is not an option, is there still hope for mum or is this just going to prolong her life a little? I’m at a loss looking for hope which seems a hopeless situation I’m heart broken. 

• Hi  

I’ve noticed your post hasn’t had any replies yet, and although I’m not a member of this group I just wanted to say hello and welcome to you.  

I’m so sorry to read what your mum has been going through, and you too-I can read the sadness in your post. I think it would be difficult for any members to offer advice or an opinion as we are all cancer patients or carers and not qualified to know what the outcome of chemo might be, so you might want to talk, with your mum’s permission, to her consultant.

It might be that you just need to be sure in your own mind that all options have been explored, and that the consultant has explained fully for you exactly what the purpose of the chemo would be.

I’m sad for you going through all of this as a daughter, and I see you are a member of the family and friends forum so hope you might also be getting support there from other members dealing with the same difficult situations. I just wanted to reach out so that you know your post has been read and that someone is listening to you. 

You are in such a difficult situation, and I am sending you a virtual hug with hope that your mum is currently doing ok-it will be so hard, I know, watching her going through so much. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm