Mri Scan results today

• 10 replies
  • 6 subscribers

I was diagnosed with uterine cancer October 2022 and had a radical hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. I had 2 tumours stage 1a & 1b but was told it was a curative op with a low chance of reoccurrence.  About 6 weeks ago I had some vaginal bleeding which has been intermittent, I have had pain that is becoming more persistent just inside my left hip. 

I contacted my oncology team and had a MRI scan last Wednesday, on Monday they called to say that the results had come back and I was to come to the hospital today. So as you can guess, I'm expecting the worst news today. I've been silently stalking this group for people's accounts of symptoms and treatment journeys. Today I'm joining in, so worst case or not, my story will be here for the women who are yet to come, and are searching for information will see. 

So hi everyone, you are an amazing bunch of people who have inspired me. 

• Hi  and welcome to the group.

I’m sorry you’ve been through cancer before and are now facing more worries, but glad you’ve joined the group to share your story and hopefully find some friendly support. I’ve had extensive surgery for recurrent cervical cancer which had grown into my vagina, and had chemoradiation as my first line of treatment, so although my story is not the same as yours, I can empathise with your situation.

keep chatting here, and other ladies will do their best to support you through whatever might be next for you. Sharing your story for others is much appreciated, as this group can tend to be a little quiet compared to some others. All the best for your hospital appointment today and I hope you get a plan to move forward if anything is found.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Sarah,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I've seen that you're really supportive and take the time to reply to lots of people Blush. I feel as if the clock is ticking slower today than other days. I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum for me, but without a uterus or cervix it seemed like the most natural and likely one

• Hi  

It’s absolutely fine to be in this group and any others you feel might be helpful for you. I’m in the cervical group without a cervix, the womb group without a womb and the vaginal group without a vagina amongst others! I could have a recurrence of my cervical cancer though I don’t have a cervix any more for example. 

When I first came onto the community I joined all the groups where I had been directly impacted by my cancer, and thought I could add some of my experiences, be it with hpv or having stomas- so I pop up in all sorts of places around the community! 

Every day seems endless whether you are waiting for a diagnosis or test results-time just drags and we’re impatient to know more. But hopefully today will give you the answers you need.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• So I've just had my appointment, there is a 3cm tumour at the top of my vault. Had biopsies taken today to establish whether its reoccurring endometrial cancer or something different. A body CT scanFingers crossedlanned to see if its spread anywhere else results in 2 weeks with a treatment plan Fingers crossed

• Hi  

I’m sorry to read your news-I’ve been through a recurrence myself so I understand how horrible it is to get news that there’s something there, whether it’s a recurrence or anything else. At least you won’t have too long to wait to find out your biopsy results and get a treatment plan. Please keep us posted with how things go.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Hi Lee75

I had vagina cancer in 2018, Im really sorry to hear about your recently diagnosis, mine was the lower part of the vagina, chemrad and brachy were the treatments I had.  I do however have a friend who had vaginal cancer in the same place you had, she's coming up to 10 years NED now.

• I definitely will Sarah, I don't know if it was the same for you but I knew that the cancer was back feom my symptoms. I have an appointment in 2 weeks with the consultant to discuss the results of biopsy of ct scan and biopsies. I think that's very optimistic of him tbh. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply

• Hi  

Can I ask how many sessions of each you had and how are you doing now? 

• Hi Lee75

I had 25 rounds of radiotherapy 4 chemo, I should have had 5, but I started getting ringing in my ears..apparently cisplatin can damage your hearing..so they took the decision to skip the last chemo session..I then had a short break, I think it was a week (give my poor burnt bits a rest!)..then had 4 high doses of brachy.

They do a scan after your radiotherapy is done..I still had 2cm of tumour left..the brachy totally obliterated it..

I'll DM you my number, so if you have any questions..or need an ear whilst going through treatment, I'll happily be there for you..its a tough few weeks..and nobody but you and us in this group understands the pain and angst..

Xx Shelley 

• hi  

I didn’t have any symptoms of my reccurence-luckily it was spotted at a check up visually. Followed up by CT, MRI, petscan and finally surgery. My story is on my profile if you click on my name.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum