Vaginal cancer

• 15 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi everyone.  I'm new here. Please see my story on my profile. I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer which has spread to aortic lymph nodes and new tumours in vagina.

Hopefully I'll be able to have a vaginectomy then radio and chemo. Strange, the things you wish for Rolling eyes

Amanda

• Thanks Shelley, and thanks for the FB tip.

Thanks again,

Amanda x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• How are you getting on with treatment Amanda? Hope you’re doing ok. I’ll join the defunct vagina club as I don’t have one at all! Joy

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Sarah,

Hope you are well. I've had 2 cycles of chemo with a 5 day course of radio at the beginning of June. 

I have chemo on a Friday, I'm finding I'm ok the weekend following it but then become unwell Mon to wed. I had to return to the chemo unit last week as have thrush from one end to the other, nappy rash from cystitis and diarrhoea. I've got tablets, fluconazole and cream but it's not working really. The nurses have said to ring them if I'm no better.

Got to get past cycle 3 then CT to see if chemo is working. Got F2F apt with oncology soon.

Good to hear from you Sarah, hope all is well,

Amanda x

0808 808 00 00 

• Hi Amanda

I’m doing ok thanks. Oh, those side effects are horrible-I had terrible cystitis and diarrhoea from radiotherapy, but I did have 32 doses. I was only allowed to use aquaphor while I was having radiotherapy but got something much better prescribed when that was done and I could have something with zinc in. Whenever I could, I lay on top of the bed, legs akimbo with the cream plastered on and that helped. A spray bottle to fill with warm water to spray on myself while I had a wee also helped.

It just sounds awful for you and it does wear you down when you dread going to the loo because it’s so sore. I really hope you get great results once you have the Ct and that the chemo is doing its  job, but that in the meantime the nurses might be able to suggest something else to help you. Just keep trucking on and getting each appointment done-you’re such a trooper going through so much. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks for the tips Sarah,

Xxx

0808 808 00 00