New here

• 7 replies
  • 6 subscribers

hello all,l had vaginal cancer treatment radiation 25,and chemo4,brachytherapy 2 .all went well treatment finished in January 2021,biopsy in May was clear

I suffer from side effects,,a lot of vaginal drainage l change almost 5times a day,3times at night, so uncomfortable. Left the dilators as they caused too much pain,rectal pain sometimes unbearable 

Anyone with these side effects, how do you cope

• Hi and welcome to the Online Community. Good to read you've completed your adjuvant treatments and biopsy was clear. Not too good to hear of the side effects you've been experiencing.

I would give your CNS a call to question the constant drainage. I myself had Womb cancer and , having had brachytherapy, have to use the dreaded dilators. I've only ever got to size 3 which I can tolerate using lots of lubrication. The thing is you've got to keep your vagina supple to enable future examinations to be done - otherwise my CNS cheerfully told me it'll pretty well heal up! I also confess to buying a buzzy toy which made things more fun  even at 67 you're never to old to try something new! LOL

I confess I didn't experience any rectal pain so can't offer any advice there, hopefully some of the ladies here might offer some insight. You might get more answers if you re-post your thread in the way of "Side effects - Vaginal drainage and discomfort" Also read back over the older threads to find answers.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

To find more information covering diagnosis and treatments there are pages covering most types of cancers which can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

The Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thank you Mrs BJH for such a warm and friendly welcome.l feel better already

I'm trying to get through to the vaginal cancer forum, so far no success but will keep on trying

• Don't worry you are on the Vaginal forum. Us Champs pop in and out of all forums to offer a welcome to new members. I just happen to be from the Womb group and know about dilators. Hugs. Bxx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Will l now be receiving communication from vaginal cancer sufferers 

• Thank you l will soon get used to this way of communication 

• Yes you will. You could alternatively scroll through older threads and click on reply to any you find interesting. Bxx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

• Hi Tha I was diagnosed with VC in July 2020 and had the same treatment I completed this in December 2020 I have had bad side effects pain and discomfort which have gone on since I too as given the all clear in April 2021 but still suffer pain, I take part n relief everyday. I am better but some days are worse than others I too suffer rectal pain, I did continue and do use the dilators I know it’s important for future diagnosis. Try using the dilators with lots of lubricant.  I struggle n a daily basis I’m  trying to stay active as I find this helps, I go to bed early as I’m uncomfortable sitting upright and find this helps. I’m s important to stay positive I hope this helps you’re not alone x