Information

• 24 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi. Got told weeks ago that I have secondary liver cancer. Further tests were done to locate the primary last one was yesterday which was PET scan. This didn't show up any primary cancer. I have appointment with unknown primary cancer oncologist next Thursday. I've gone on here to see what other peoples experience has been with unknown primary & how the treatment has been? I know it's hard to treat but surely it's treatable. Please let me know your stories? Thank you 

• hi - MaryQ, so have they found a primary site now?

• Sorry FreddieQ I thought you might see the message I sent to GNG…it was difficult news…but at least I know now it is breast mets…still feeling very odd and CT on Saturday may show anywhere else and that is what I am dreading…unsuccessfully trying to keep going but such a mixture of emotions…thanks for your message and really hope you carry on with positive approach and good results from treatment Xx

•     not good news today. Cancer in liver is in multiple parts. They will continue looking for primary & start chemo to control it. However it's not curable.  Was told because I have no symptoms I have longer than a year to live but definitely less than 5 years.  I'm shocked & numb. Guess I'll be going on the incurable cancer group. Thank you both for your support & I wish you both well. Xx

• Really been thinking of you...so sorry to hear the not good news and I am not surprised you are shocked and numb, I still am the same.  I mean mine is incurable but won't have any sort of time limit until next week.  I am bargaining in my head for 2 years...crazy.  I think all stage 4 is incurable but treatable in one way or other.  I will look for incurable group cos there are limits to what treatment I can have because of other issues...Xx

•    I'm so sorry I didn't realise your cancer was incurable. It's horrible I don't know how I'm still standing or even able to go on here & type. Guess you get inner strength from somewhere. There isn't much else I can say today. But please please stay in touch with me. Although our cancer is different feel like I like stay in touch. Take care  xx

• it's awful having to face and deal with such news - stay strong and get yourself in the best of health before you start treatment - it really does help.  Ask kyour Oncologist to send you or call you with results as soon as she receives them - one of the worst things is the waiting.  Thinking of you - keep us updated on your scan Saturday.

I have seen my oncologist today for the result of my recent CT Scan - it was all clear - no signs of cancer !  there is always hope,  think positive thoughts and stay healthy - my prognnosis WAS 12 - 24 months.  I am now in remission but will have regular scans.

• It has been a tough day today as I have felt very low and crying a lot...there is still so much I don't know and the CT scan I was meant to have tomorrow is now postponed til Tuesday morning.  I have yet to get connection to the breast care team and feel out in the cold at the moment.  I don't know if I will tolerate the treatments too well at all and that is frightening.  But this evening things feel a little better when I kind of let go of trying to control everything.  It is as it is now and there is nothing I can do about what I have done for the last 10 years...to stop it happening.  I hope you have had a better day.  It is so so tiring being anaemic but hopefully I will get another transfusion soon. I hope you get some sleep Xx

• Sorry only just saw your updated message. That is excellent news   I am really pleased for you & I know you must be feeling amazing. Some positive news which gives us all hope. Xx

• Morning  . Sorry I replied to Freddie msg under your last msg. Don't know how I cancel it.  I'm sorry you had a bad day yesterday you were not alone I was the excat same. Can't believe your scan cancelled. I always think few days won't make a difference physically but mentally it does. It's horrible waiting for the correct team to support you. Wish I could say something make you feel better. 

I can't relate as I didn't have cancer before yet I have been thinking if I could have stopped this. On the basis I smoked only gave up 2 weeks ago as knew it impacts treatment plus wouldn't do the cancer good. Then I think why am I not sick from the amount of cancer I have in liver, i don't drink alcohol is it that why. Also I'm getting paranoid re any ache or twitch. Top area of stomach was sore yesterday but think it because I cried so much Thursday ended up been sick coughing so hard maybe I pulled muscle. My mind is messed up. I don't understand why in this day & age they can't cure my liver cancer even if it in multiple parts. 

I worry about my husband & family. Although I'm 41 I'm the youngest so hard to believe I go first. Luckily I have no children that is due to my endometriosis I wanted children but couldn't even with IVF. We only bought our house last year I need ensure my husband will be ok financially to keep the house.  I'm Irish lived here for 19 years. All my family know except my 85 year old Dad. So I need go home at some stage before treatment to tell him face to face. I won't tell him it incurable to protect him I will say let's see how I get on. He has just recovered from Melanoma cancer is in remission but getting immunotherapy for 1 year to make sure won't come back.

I'm going try my best today to enjoy my life spend time with my husband & go out. Was susposed be flying to France on holiday with my sister but I couldn't face it.

Don't know why I've typed such a long msg. Sorry for boring you all maybe some how this is helping me. Hope helps you too knowing you not alone. 

Hope today goes better for you. Xx

• So pleased to see this post!  It can give us all a lot of hope.  I am not sure how these messages get put in order but you are right about thinking positive...yesterday was not but today I have managed to turn it around.  I accepted that I am not in control of what has happened but I can change what happens now.  Going to have a good day even if it starts at midday!  Go well FreddieQ xx