Hello

• 2 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi there

I came in here looking for other people’s stories about CUP and have already found it quite reassuring. It’s my husband suffering, he is 41 and last week we got this diagnosis after a CT scan we thought might show a hernia or a stomach ulcer. He got the news like a speeding train on his own in A&E on Friday evening, then sent home. They say they’ve found it in his liver and lung but neither seem to be primary, and he has a biopsy on Thursday. We’re just going around and around in circles trying to speculate - could there be some terrible mistake? It’s all so statistically unlikely. When did this start? Where is it coming from? Meanwhile my husband isn’t the picture of health because he’s tired and sometimes uncomfortable but mostly he’s fine except the stress. We have 2 children aged 1 & 3 and we are just trying to be normal but it’s a nightmare. 

sorry, brain dump and I’m just sharing. Thanks if you read this x 

• Hi Katmari - similar diagnosis to mine - found liver lesion way back in March then Groin lymph node in July and started treatment on 26th September - I am being treated at Weston Park in Sheffield which is good.   There are many positive stories on this forum which is reassuring but sounds that like me, you have found this early.  Feel free to ask any questions - best wishes and good luck

• I too have CUP.   Mines in my lymph nodes...I was diagnosed two years ago.  In two years I've had two six month sessions of chemotherapy.   Cancer of any description is hard to get one's head round, CUP is an even bigger issue as we have no idea where, what or name.  My scan in January showed "something" on the liver, fortunately after the chemotherapy treatment, that's gone.  I have scans every three months ( I live in Spain, I too was alone during diagnosis due to covid).  

Unfortunately, your question.." where is it coming from" is precisely the reason for the diagnosis.  Mine might be pancreatic, liver, bile....but absolutely nothing on my scans and lymph nodes biopsies say squamous cell carcinoma...so secondary not primary

I will say once you see oncologist etc..and you know treatment etc that'll give you the positivity to focus on something.  Please continue to post and update us.  This cancer is so rare and such a mentally challenging one to deal with , every experience is of value to somebody else.  Good luck to you all