CUP SQUAMOUS CELL

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi I am a 60 year old female. Liver Lesion found during ultrasound scan in March this year.  Scan showed stage 3 cancer in right groin lymph node- no primary found - CUP Diagnosis 5th August 2022.

I felt well and all of my blood tests were normal - problems with lymph node pain following biopsy as this caused haematoma.  Started Carboplatin-Paclitaxel on 26th September but reacted to the Paclitaxel.  Having PICC line fitted this week and changing to Cisplatin and 5FU to start on 25th so fingers crossed. I am under Weston Park Hospital where the staff are amazing.  Side effects of chemo were hard - severe abdominal, groin, leg and foot pain.  My hair has all gone which wasn't as traumatic as I thought!  I remain very positive.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I haven't been diagnosed with CUP but I am currently on paclitaxel for breast cancer. Like you I have lost all my hair but find covering up with head scarves and a wig for special occasions is fine.

When you have a minute, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope you get on fine with the new chemotherapy. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"