Unknown primary

• 13 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hello... My name is maria and i have just been diagnosed with secondary lymph node cancer... This was nearly 3 weeks ago.... I am waiting for a scan to see if they can find the primary. 

At the moment i dont know how i feel apart from the doctor who told me about my diagnosis which was over the phone due to covid.. I havent spoken to anyone it feels like iv been to my GP they have told  me i have cancer go home and get in with it Blush

It's a tad scary however im not slateing the NHS with all the problems they deal with they do an amazing job.. I think it would be nice if i spoke to someone face to face to explan whats going on with me.   I have this horrid sensitive pins and neddles feeling daily just would like to know if there is anything they can do for it. 

Think I'm going to have to stop i could go on for ever 

Joy

• Like me, can’t find it. Presume it’s chemo for you too? Start mine later this month. Not sure what that’s going to be like, hopefully not to bad . And the glowing might reduce the gas bill a bit. My lymph node was by the collarbone. Although pet scan showed about 6 glowing. They think the primary comes from upper GI  ( gastrointestinal) so treating as that.  Hope it’s not to sh*t for you. Try to stay positive. And have another glass of wine lol

• Good that they are going to treat it.  Let's hope for a cure.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Thank you peter