Recovering from rplnd

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi all, I am now 8 days post op of rplnd and doing good, no pain killers at all/scar healing good,there was a few things if anyone can help me on, I have lost a good bit of wait since my surgery reason being I am feeling a bit nausea so not eating much, and still get out of breath a bit, is this normal? 

Any advice would be good

Many thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Jon,

My son also had mature teratoma in one of his removed nodes but no cancer so he didn't require any more treatment.  In his first year post RPLND he had appointments every three months (with a baseline scan three months after his RPLND and a second CT scan three months later).  During his second and third years (this is the start of his 3rd year cancer free) his appointments have gone to twice yearly with a chest X-ray at each appointment as well as the blood tests (which have all been within the normal range)  I assume the appointments may change to yearly appointments after year 4 or 5.  

All the best

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jonny,

I hope you are well. 

I just found this thread as it seems I am experiencing exactly the same effects as you (currently days post surgery). How long did the nausea last for?as this seems to be the major issue for me at the moment. Any tips for recovery that worked for you would alsl be handy. 

Thanks,