4 days in carbo!!!!!

• 7 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hello everyone. Hope your all doing ok,

well I’m on day 4 of carboplatin. Had my first and only cycle on last Friday, for some reason the nurses said I was meant to be having half hour then when they brought the carbo out they said oh bless you you’ve got a big bag which lasted 1 hour 15, which unnerved me a bit!!!

first 2 days I was absolutely fine, then yesterday and today I’ve felt so tired and really nauseas which has just subdued a few hours ago. Feeling ok again now. I keep worrying about my other ball though and checking it did anyone else do that or still do it? It’s annoying me now!!! Any advice welcome

thanks

• Obsessions over the remaining ball yes definitely. Obsessions over other aches and pains? Definitely. Mine did not begin until a month or so until after the chemotherapy finished.

For now just concentrate on getting better enjoy the elation when it all the treatment finishes.

Take care

• Hey man thanks for the reply. Hope your well. 
    im now on day 13 and feel pretty much back to normal apart from being a bit tired, I managed 2, 8 miles bike rides this week and felt fine afterwards. Still checking my other ball every other day. 
     I do however have a lasting side effect of tinnitus in my ears and they feel like they need popping every now and then, did anyone else experience this?? 
     All the best james

• Hi James. I had one shot of carbo at the end of January. I still get bouts of tinnitus now, it’s not that bad but a bit annoying. I was told that the chemo can bring old ailments back as your immune system is weak. I had tinnitus in my 20’s (mildly) so put it down to that. It’s a small price to pay.

Sounds like you are through the worst of it but I’d suggest you still take it easy (exercise is good though obviously). After a month I started getting bad headaches but these have gone now. I’m pretty much back to normal except enjoying the odd 2 hour lunchtime nap, tinnitus and being prone to sunburn! 

• Yea the tinnitus is bloody annoying bud!! Yea I am still taking it steady as I can but I’m so active normally it’s hard!! My sleep isn’t great as I’ve not been doing much have like 4 hour stints!!! Is being prone to sunburn a side effect mate? Glad you doing ok

• I recently went on holiday, wore high factors and burned to f@ck. I mentioned it to the oncologist and he said your skin can be more sensitive for a while due to chemo. I guess it makes everything weaker…..I never burn really so it was a Suprise. I have mosquito bites for over a month now too! 

• Ahhh man!!! I hate mossy bites!! Get some antihistamines down u!! I have a dodgy brain!! I can’t think straight sometimes like I forget what I’m trying to say etc!! 

• I never answered your original question, no I don’t worry about my other ball..!!! Don’t know why, I mean I check it but don’t dwell on things. The odds of getting TC in one ball is high but both is sky high. I’ll blindly take comfort in that and try and live normally……

I’ve just had my 2nd 3 month surveillance / bloods / ct scan and it’s all clear. I guess for this moment it makes me feel invincible and 100% well, however I’m still mindful I could step outside the front door and get run over by a bus! Hopefully you’re through the worst now and can look forward to the future with a new sense of life……