LGL with thrombocytopenia?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi, 66F here. I just want to find where do I belong and find more information about my disease.

Bone marrow biopsy:-

mature T-cell neoplasm; T cell large granular lymphocytic leukemia with amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia

• Hi and welcome, as to which group is best for you not so sure, but here is some info which may help or may confuse you more

https://theoncologist.alphamedpress.org/content/9/3/247.full

And this infers leukemia

https://www.lls.org/leukemia/large-granular-lymphocytic-leukemia

hope this helps

John 

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
  • Hi  and a second welcome to this corner of the Online Community.

Good to see that John has given you some help. The problem with rare types of blood cancer is that the information can be as rare and hard to get.

I am just home from holiday but did a quick check in the site search tool and got a few hits so give it a try. A number were in our General Leukaemia forum so use the search tool and have a look round.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’. section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts. You will find Caroline - Macmillan Heamatology Nurse in this section so post her a question but please allow 2 working days to get a reply. 

The treatment of blood cancers tends to follow the same paths using chemo, radiotherapy, targeted therapy, Stem Cell Transplant....... but there are lots of differences in the exact treatments used based on how each type of blood cancer presents...... you can see our stories by hitting our forum names to see some examples.

Tell us a little more about how you came to be diagnosed and what your team are saying,

Always around to help as best as we can.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to johnr

I thank both of you for warm welcome and given the information are helpful for me to understand my disease.