Anaplastic large T cell lymphoma negative

• 1 reply
  • 4 subscribers

I been recently diagnosed with the above. 

I have planned 6 cycles of BVCHP chemotherapy.

I had 5 with one to go.

It's been a tough few months, processing the diagnosis, and as an aggressive type of cancer, treatment starting within a week.

Just want to reach out to anyone who has a similar diagnosis and their experiences.

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups.

I don’t have Anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a my rare, incurable but treatable type of T-Cell Lymphoma (CTCL) eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

We have had a few folks with ALCL come through the group so lets see if they are still looking in. Lymphoma is an unusual cancer in that some types are very aggressive and treatment starts ASAP then people like myself who had to wait 14 year before things become desperate and time critical - you can see my story in the at the bottom.

All the links I put up are taken from the Lymphoma Action website. Lymphoma Action is the only UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who have lots of good reliable information, basically all things Lymphoma.

They run regular Support Platforms both for patients with a few groups specifically for Family and Carers...... I highly recommend these groups as there is nothing better than talking with other who have walked the journey.

They also have a great Lymphoma Action Buddy Service where you may be able to be linked up with someone with the same condition and who has walked the same treatment journey. They also have a Lymphoma helpline on 0808 808 5555 where Sharon or Nic will be on hand to give you some support - open every week day from 10 till 3.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge