Lotion recommendations

• 1 reply
  • 4 subscribers

Hi all-

I'm just wondering if anybody has a recommendation for a good lotion for CTCL. I have recently finished a course of topical steroid use and have noticed a change in my skin/ how it reacts to creams. It is less raised/ red but is drier. I used to use pretty much exclusively Cetraben ointment (3x per day), but am now finding that my skin needs a lotion throughout the day in addition. It can't seem to absorb creams so well- I have been using Aveeno but it's too heavy and the residual moisture irritates the affected area, and it's sometimes still tacky when I get to my phototherapy appointments. I'm just looking for a light, fast-absorbing and non-irritating lotion. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Madeleine

• Hi  the only skin creams I used over all my 24 years were all recommended by my Dermatologist...... so  was using Diprobase - Doublebase Cream in the early years then moved onto Hydromol Cream....... both tended to dry in quickly.

There could be new creams available but as I don't need them now so I don't know what is new....... but do talk with your Dermatologist to make sure you are using the best available creams...... and remember you can get all this free on prescription.

I never used any scented products like deodorant, I used baby shampoo for my hair and Dermol 200 Shower Emollient in the shower.

What you put into your body has a significant effect on your skin especially during any treatments like UV and using steroid creams...... so a good balanced health diet, minimise your junk food intake, plenty fruit and veg, control your sugar intake, watch your alcohol intake and you must aim to be drinking 2 liters of water every day as this will help hydrate your skin from the inside.

Also watch what you are wearing.... you need to allow your skin to breath....... and definitely no denim clothes like jeans as this is like wearing cloths made of sandpaper.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge