'Cover me, I'm going in....'

• 6 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hi

After a Pet CT scan, I've got an appointment on Friday to hopefully get my lymphoma graded and agree a treatment plan.

The second tumour on my arm is happily itching and peeling every few days. It's irritating and uncomfortable, but in the scheme of things could be much worse. The thing that's really bugging me is fatigue and a really annoying pain in my right chest that runs from under my right armpit to the centre of my chest. I get really breathless when I talk, bend down or do anything remotely physical. It was getting so much better in the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure if I overdid it a bit on Saturday afternoon, but I was swept me off my feet again (not in a good way) yesterday and it has continued into chest pains and breathlessness today. My first lump appeared at the same time as a really bad chest infection/covid (long story about a non specific diagnosis) which has felt like a rollercoaster I'm still stuck on. I'm a bit worried there might be a coincidence of the fatigue and breathlessness with either covid, injection one and injection two.. I really hope not.

I am so keen to get rid of it a part of me is half hoping the PET CT scan will show up it's the lymphoma causing it because at least then I know something can be done about it, because if it's not I've not only got to deal with the lumps on my arm, I've more importantly got to start right back at the beginning trying to find out what's causing it as this is the thing that's getting in between me and my normal life. (I am also very aware this is coming from such a point of ignorance as I definitely have my 'L' plates on with this new experience.) I'm also a bit fed up of people suggesting it could be anxiety or mild depression caused by not knowing what's wrong. It's not. I'm fine. I'm just very motivated to get a solution and finding a road to getting back to normal.

Sorry if this is a waffle... I'm curious about covid/vaccinations and how they affect the Lymphoma community. Anyone offer any advice/thoughts? Anyone else seen any kind of impact of Covid?

• Hi , sorry I missed your post. Good you are going to find out what is going on…. this will be a good step forward for you.

The jury is out on the effectiveness of the vaccines - I have been told to continue living a normal life just to be very carful, I have to assume that the two vaccines have made no difference to me but there is a lot of research going on. But the more of the population gets the jab the safer it becomes for us.

This link to Lymphoma Action my give you some helpful information - https://lymphoma-action.org.uk/covid-19-and-lymphoma

Get back to us with how thins went ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Mike

I was having a bit of a trip out because my breathing had taken a dive and I had pains in my chest but felt a bit daft the following morning after posting this and didnt know how to take it down! A bit of frustration and exasperation set in and I just wanted to get past the not knowing which symptoms are related and which aren't.  

I'm hoping to get some some good information tomorrow to take things forward. 

Your support in this group is so comforting, thank you! I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Best wishes

Gail

• Wobbles are aloud but the most important thing is to learn from them and look out for  the triggers.

I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Step away from the keyboard at night is the lesson! Grimacing

• Hi, so I had my appointment on Friday. The facility and whole team at The Christie are truly amazing. The good news is I have stage 2B Mycosis Fungoides, so it hasn't spread, which is something to really celebrate. I start a short course of radiotherapy next week followed by light therapy supported with a bit of Dermovate.

The less good news is that the pain in my chest and spleen, difficulty breathing and fatigue are very real and more likely to be caused by long covid and associated blood clots or scarring. :-(, so I've got an urgent referral to a chest physician to hopefully get something sorted. The referral in itself is very positive I think. At least we can get to the bottom of it and start to get it fixed.

I read a fascinating article about some research conducted in Germany that has found Covid causes cells to change shape and enlarge making them more difficult to travel around the body. What a strange journey 2021 is turning out to be. Hope mi get to destination health asap. Happy Sunday everyone. Hope you're all as well as can be given we're in this strange little community corner Hugging      

• Good morning  and thank you for your update.

This sounds positive and a normal first few steps in the MF treatment protocols…. and you will now get a suntan on the NHS Wink everyone used to think that my wife and I had separate holidays Joy

Lets look for a way forward to get your ‘other’ health issues sorted in some way to help make this living thing less eventful.

Went for a run up north with our granddaughter for a picnic and some fun yesterday. Have a great day and keep us up to date with how things are going with you and as always I am around to chat ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge