Low haemoglobin and platelets - anyone had it?

• 2 replies
  • 16 subscribers

The blood test before FLOT cycle 3 - they said these tests are now borderline, if drops even further before cycle 4 they’ll have to delay. :( 

Also, “signs of malnutrition” - anyone had these? Husband eats normally, so no idea what to tweak. 

• Hi, sorry to hear this, this didn’t happen to me but I did increase my food intake quite a bit and took multivitamins and vitamin D, hope the treatment isn’t delayed too long x

• Hi, this is an ongoing issue that my mum experiences with Folfox. She's had to have chemo breaks as a result of low platelets, but her oncologist reassured us this didn't impact the efficacy of the chemo, so try not to worry. We've noticed though that having her chemo at a three week, instead of fortnightly, helps her body recover. She's also been given Nivestem injections to take for 5 days after her pump is removed - perhaps this might help? She's also tried to eat lots iron rich food such as raspberries, papaya, etc which she thinks have helped a little. For malnutrition, she was given Fortimel to take to help boost calorie count, which helped but she is not a fan as it's a bit too sweet for her. There's alternatives which I think can be prescribed by your GP so may be worth speaking to them. Hope the treatment isn't delayed too long, and keep strong x