Five year anniversary

• 5 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hello

• My name is Kermit Al you can call me Al or Kermit or both. Kermit , because I look like a frog when I smile. I   Was diagnosed with stomach cancer five years this week. Stage 3 plus dodgy lymph nodes. Chemo for four months with a promise of full stomach removal to follow. That was cancelled three days before the operation due to continuing growth . I have been so lucky to have had a drug trial for immunotherapy which for the two years stabilised the tumour. I came off the trial for two years with all being stable only for the lymph nodes to wake up in December. I have been six months back on the trial for which I am truly grateful. The results are mixed but I am keeping everything crossed for the future. 
  • Hi . You brought a smile to my face (you can call me Betty) and I'm sure you don't look like frog! I'm so pleased to read your news and to see you're doing well now you're back on the Immunotherapy trials. Fingers crossed for the future! Keep us in the loop!

Hugs Bxx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Kermit,

So glad that the immunotherapy has given you lasting stability. There are surgeons in the UK who would be able/willing operate after a good response to immunotherapy, depending on the location of the nodes, any other spread and the situation with the primary location.Feel free to message me.

SDH x

Knowledge makes us stronger. Research, question, share and demand more from your doctors. Read my profile for my dad's stage IV story.

• Hi Kermit

Glad to hear you are doing well. I have been told repeatedly that immunotherapy is not available for stomach cancer, even trials. I would love to read more about it if you care to share. I don't have a fear of cancer in the usual sense as this is my third unrelated cancer. I understand that something triggers the cancers to beat our immune system. For me it is anger caused by perceived enormous injustice i have suffered.  I have used a therapist to deal with the anger. Now i need to reprime my immune system to kill off the cancer. Positivity makes all the difference. 

The NHS say there is no further treatment for me as my chemo was stopped as the side effects were so painful.  I am irritated that others are offered alternatives when i am told there are none.

I wish you well and cure for your cancer. 

Garcita

• Hi Kermit

Lovely to hear some good news. Please can you tell me the name of your immunotherapy? Also did your stomach cancer have to have certain credentials for you to be allowed immunotheraphy?

Thanks and good luck

Winter Rose

• What was the immunotherapy drug called ? Thanks