Treatment stomach cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

My husband has advanced stomach cancer he has had 3 doses of radiotherapy and 2 cycles of chemo

Was meant to have had 3 cycles however he has been really sick they stopped chemo 

They have done a ct scan the cancer has progressed he is having a stent fitted next week.

The cancer nurse was very vague really when she told us about ct results she said they would be no chemo.

She just left it like that we will be seeing ongulist hopefully next week.

Has anyone else been in this situation were they stop chemo ? And have been offered any other treatment   Thank you 

• Hi . I just dropped by and noticed you've not had any replies as yet. I'm so sorry to read your husband has reacted badly to chemo and, as a result, they've stopped the treatment. It really doesn't help when the CNS is vague, hopefully your Oncologist will have some answers for you next week.

I myself have had a different cancer and not had chemo so I'm so sorry I can't offer any advice. You could Ask a Nurse here on the forum but it may take a day or two for an answer. Hopefully someone from this group will come along and reply to your post.

Wishing you and your husband all the best, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett