Diagnosis...Treatment now Terminal :S...

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi Everyone

My dad was diagnosed with Stomach cancer April 2018. This was a massive shock to us all as he has always been a very active, healthy guy. Anyways, last year he went through all hospital treatment - FLOT intense chemotherapy, a total gastrectomy then FLOT intense chemotherapy post op. He should now be on the road to recovery.

This week we have just found out that my dad now has secondary peritoneal cancer and fluid in his lungs and drs have advised theres nothing they can do and sent him home to enjoy whatever time he has left- weeks/months.

We are extremely in shock and confused. Why has this came back so soon in different places after everything hes went through (treatment wise), we thought this was to prevent something like this from happening.

My dad is 55 years old, hes up and about, he is not unwell with this, he wants to try something even a clinical trial. We are very frustrated and feel like no one is helping us here where we live. 

Has anyone had a similar experience? We are not ready to give up at all.

N

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ennx

i have just read your story and have exactly the same with my husband. He had a total gastrectomy in April which we thought was then end of the cancer then a couple of months ago we were told that it has spread to his lung, liver and neck. so underwent more chemotherapy only to be told last week that the tumours on his liver have grown. we are now sourcing trials - he is only 56. have you had any success with the trial?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Vicki

I have added you as a friend and will send you a private message.

Thanks

Nina

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi  there is a trial called leap05  please check it on line they offer 2 cancer targeted therapy including immunotherapy 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi please check the leap05 trial on line. They offer 2 cancer targeted therapy