New Member. MSSC

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi, 

Started with back pain in December 2022, then got worse. Initially misdiagnosed several times by GP and hospital as inflammation.

Finally on February 16th 2023 was admitted to hospital following a MRI scan that showed cancer pressing against my spinal chord.(MSSC).

Steroids shrunk the cancer and relieved pressure on my spinal chord, however because of the steroids my biopsy was non inclusive, so now waiting for blood tests as a outpatient following a pet scan to check for anymore cancer.

Been so long now and now getting very anxious. 

Biggest concern I have is why this condition is  not identified quicker by medics.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your condition was misdiagnosed several times by both your GP and hospital. I don't know why this condition isn't identified quicker by medics and this might be a good question to ask the nurses in the ask a nurse section of the online community. If this is something that you'd like to do, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

I hope you don't have to wait too much longer for a treatment plan to be decided on, as I know how hard going through tests and then waiting for the results can be.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"