1st Oncology appointment

• 3 replies
  • 23 subscribers

I have had Melanoma and BCC removed. Margins clear however, I have an Oncology appointment does this always mean treatment??

• Hi

It is unusual to have an appointment with oncology if a melanoma and BCC have both been removed with clear margins. However, I noticed in your profile that you say "CT scan showed other concerns in areas of my body so awaiting tests and results" so I'm presuming that you might have had a positive SLNB, or the consultant has found swelling in some part of your body, and sent you for a CT scan. Have you had the tests and results that you mention?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• My Oncology appointment was confusing, they kept saying it was a deposit but can not find primary site. Today I received call from the nurse to say I am now to have SNLB and wider excision! Still on rest from my skin graft on my head for the BCC, skin graft donor site so sore! The area on my head is so much bigger than I thought but at least the BCC has gone. Flap surgery die soon as well as the Melanoma investigation argh!!

• Hi

Sorry to hear that you found your appointment confusing. I think consultants can forget that we don't necessarily understand all the medical jargon so sometimes I have to get them to explain again in layman's terms. What did they mean when they said "it was a deposit"? 

I've had both a WLE and SLNB so I should be able to answer most questions you might have about those operations if there's anything you want to know.

Let us know when you have a date for your flap surgery. I haven't had this but there are many people in the group who have if you want to ask questions.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"