Skin cancer on everidge

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi all I have skin cancer and have been on everidge for 2 years now it is really hard the side effects of the chemotherapy the main thing I struggle with being a young lady is the loss of all my hair I had naturally curly hair when I was little then at 21 I got it straight how I loved it and within 3 months on the everidge it was all gone I hate cathching my reflection in the mirror I think that isn’t me 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with the side effects of chemotherapy for your skin cancer. Although I haven't had chemotherapy I have had surgery for melanoma which has left me with scars so I can understand how you feel.

I must admit that I've never heard of 'everidge'. I'm assuming that it's the name of the chemotherapy that you're on. I tried searching within this group to see if anyone else mentioned it, without any luck, and a google search also didn't bring up any results. 

If you don't mind me asking, what type of skin cancer do you have that you're having chemotherapy for?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi

i have basal cell carcinomas I have been on the medication for 2 years it’s comes under another name of vismodegib 

• Hi 

Thanks for providing the alternative name of the chemotherapy that you're on. I've managed to find some information about it now and see that it's used for the treatment of very complex BCCs, e.g. locally advanced BCCs or the very rare BCC that has spread to other parts of the body. Does this fit with what you have?

I was hoping to find someone else in this group who has mentioned being on this drug for you to talk to but could only find one other person. She wasn't based in the UK but lived in America and, as she hasn't posted for over 2 years, she probably doesn't come on here anymore.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"