SCC in immune suppressed patient

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi Just joined this forum. Hoping for someone else with similar experience perhaps. Husband got kidney transplant and had lots of BCCs on head and face. Then one turned out to be SCC. Was removed and all clear. However wound appeared that wouldn't heal Was told it was pustula demititis and given variety of creams. Also had small scattered areas under skin. Consistently told nothing to worry about. Wound didn't heal and just grew for a year although constantly asked if ok. Eventually covered large part of head and when decided to biopsy SCC diagnosed over all scalp and very aggressive. Had total scalp removal with massive skin grafts from leg. healed ok but since had one further scc removed from top of head and now possibly one near to ear. Also possible Bells Palsy or related SCC???

Basically want to know if anyone with transplant and therefore higher risk has encountered anything similar. We are always told symptoms are not usual in our case. Want to do more research but not sure where to start. Any thoughts / help please?

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I don't recall anyone being in this group with the same set of circumstances as your husband I'm afraid. However, you could use the search facility within the group to look through previous posts. Try typing in 'transplant', etc to see if it comes up with anything.

I presume you have already searched this site for the information that you're looking for but you could also try Cancer Research UK and the British Association of Dermatologists for information on SCCs.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you for the response. I know that transplant patients are more at risk of SCC but wondered if anyone else had had it present in what we are told is not a typical manner. The photos you see on sites showing SCCs are nothing like what we have experienced. I have been doing some research myself as there seem to be a lot of unknowns.

Will continue following these links. Thank you.