My diagnosis.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

Hi latchbrook,

thanks for the reply.  

My gp was not very helpful (as usual).  I was referred on to a dermatologist after my biopsy came back.  

Since I had just returned from a vacation in the jungles of Mexico, my doctor was convinced this large red bump on my arm was an insect bite or infection.  I knew it probably wasn’t as I had no itch or injury there.  

The lump grew extremely fast.  Now, after she removed it, it is popping back up.  My lab report read moderately differentiated squamous cell carcinoma   Deep and peripheral margins  

also mentions disorder of subcutaneous tissue involved  

My question is...because it specified deep and moderately differentiated and lump reached into the subcutaneous tissue, does that means it could possibly be a more aggressive form of cancer?

• Hi

I have just replied to you here.

As none of us are medically trained, and are only here because we have had some form of skin cancer, you might not get a reply to your question unless someone has also experienced the same as you.

You could include this question along with what the terms mean in ask a nurse and they'll get back to you within a couple of working days.

Another thing you can do is to use the search facility within the group to look for previous posts discussing SCCs to see if they mention what you're interested in.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"