SCC inside nose

• 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

Hello

I was diagnosed with SCC on the inside of my nose recently, and had to undergo surgery last week to remove it. Dr said he had removed a lot of tissue and part of my septum. I’m waiting on biopsy results to confirm he got it all and to confirm the stage of cancer. It was classed as T1 before I went in for op but said it could change depending on where it’s spread to. I was originally supposed to have half of my nose removed including the skin but they managed to preserve it for now. The waiting to find out the next steps is awful, waiting to find out if he got it all out, if I need the radiation therapy, if I need more surgery etc. I hate being in the unknown! I also have a toddler & a baby, it’s been such a hard time. Has anyone been in similar situations? How did you cope with waiting?

• Hi, I have responded to your post in the Head & neck cancer forum.

I agree with your comment about coping with the waiting. It’s not only the wait for treatment such as removal of the tumour and any post treatment but also the ongoing monitoring which I have been told is at four weekly intervals and for two years.