Squamkell carcinoma and ulcer on neck below right jaw fast growing

• 5 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Hi 

can anyone tell me if they have experienced this. The carcinoma came on very quick over 6 weeks which started off like a boil. I have had photo  and a biopsy appointment next week. My lymph nodes are swollen and no infection. 
petrer

• Hi  

I haven't had the same diagnosis as you but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Do let us know how your appointment this week goes.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I will I do hope they can do something the pain in my neck and throat terrible 

• Hi Peteinlancs

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this worrying time and that your biopsy went well. Do you have a date to have the lump removed?

I, like you, have been diagnosed on Monday with Squamous cell carcinoma. I have had a flaky mole on my forearm for a few years now and have had it checked out with the doctor. That was until a small chicken pox type blister spot appeared about 6 weeks ago. It gradually started getting bigger and after 3 weeks when it got to about 7mm, I went to see the doctor as I was getting concerned. By this time, the bump looked like a small volcano with a dip in the middle. It was angry red and was very painful. Today, the bump is 12.9mm with surrounding redness out to 18mm. The doctor put me on antibiotics last week as she thinks there could be an underlying infection or inflammation as it's starting to affect my muscle and is very sensitive on the surrounding skin.

I was so relieved when the Lincoln County Hospital rang yesterday and I now have an appointment to have the lump removed this coming Sunday. I am so grateful to be getting it removed so quickly because of it's rate of growth has worried me. I care for my aunt with learning disabilities and she sometimes catches it as the bump is in such a prominent place. 

Take care, Anne

• Thank you for reply Anne. I had it removed last Thursday and still very sore .stitches out tomorrow. I m still getting pain behind my right ear I do hope things settle down. All the best for your procedure 

peter

• Glad to hear that you've had it removed. It must be a relief. I've just bought plenty of sunscreen. Take care, Anne