Changes to BCC

• 6 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Hello, I have recently been informed that I have a small BCC on my chest which needs to be excised. In the space of a month it has changed from being raised, pink and waxy to hardly visible. I’ve read that they never really disappear but I don’t want to turn up to my appointment for removal and have wasted everyone’s time! I would be grateful for any advice. Thank you.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I had a small BCC removed from my chest a couple of years ago. My advice would be to go your appointment and have it removed, even if it's no longer visible to you. As you say, they don't go of their own accord.

Wishing you all the best 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Tulip75.  Please go to your appointment as these things just dont go on their own.  If you are very lucky, and it has, the hospital team will be the best people to confirm this.  I had 2 removed last year and believe me they never went of their own accord and in fact one was growing really quickly and the Consultant couldnt believe how much it had grown in 6 weeks when I went to have it removed.  The smaller they are the better the outcome is.  Good Luck x

• Thank you very much. I really appreciate your response- and welcome! x

• Dear Harlyn, thank you for that. I really appreciate your comments and I feel reassured that attending the appointment is the right thing to do! x

• Hello Tulip75

i was diagnosed 5 weeks ago with 2 bcc’s. The large one on my forehead hairline had a huge scab on it from bleeding. The consultant I saw removed it and the scan hasn’t reformed. It is very flat and pink but it is of course still there. The bcc I have is on the temple. The scab remains on that. There are so many different looking bcc’s so don’t worry. You won’t be wasting anyone’s time. The doctors see so much more than us when they check it out. I did ask if the could be left and was told no. They must come out!

• You are welcome Tulip.  Every bcc I have had looks and acts differently so you wont be wasting anyones time, they are little demons.  Good luck. Keep in touch how it all goes for you xx