My dad an his rare skin cancer

• 1 reply
  • 35 subscribers

Hiya everyone. 

What a great community I see this is. My dad was diagnosed with a really rare skin cancer this year in his finger resulting in amputation of the finger. Unfortunately, it has spread to his lungs. 

This type of cancer is called hidradenocarcinoma. When I typed in Google there was such little on this type it's unbelievable. My dads consultant told us there is only 5 other cases like his worldwide. An he will be going into a journal. 

With such little evidence we don't know how long his got etc, we just know it's spreading an grown a few mm on his lungs. His having chemo but again trial an error, my main reason for coming here is because he seems so angry an irritable with his grandkids (my children) which my dad has always adored but right now it's like he don't have any patience for them an when they play up he joins the chaos by shouting an storming about etc, this has never been my dads behaviour an it's so difficult to watch an obviously they are my children. 

I don't know what he's experiencing or how his thinking feeling etc, but I'm a daddy's girl an he adores me an kids an I know he don't mean it. I'm a single mother of a 12 year old, 9 year old an 3 year old so my dad has always helped us but lately it seems his just annoyed by them. I don't know what to do.

Any advice appreciated thank you x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your dad has been diagnosed with hidradenocarcinoma which has spread to his lungs. A cancer diagnosis in the family can be an extremely stressful and challenging time.

I've searched the group to see if I can find anyone else with hidradenocarcinoma and found this post. Unfortunately the poster is no longer a member of the community (FormerMember) but you can still read about their experiences.

You might also like to join the family and friends forum to see how others have coped with the circumstances you describe. If this is something that you think might be helpful, just click on the link I've created which will take you straight there. You can then join and start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on reply.

It would be great if you could pop something about your dad's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"