Potential BCC. 5 year old daughter

• 1 reply
  • 34 subscribers

Hello, My 5 year old daughter is being booked in for surgery in a couple of weeks to have a mass on her lower left eyelid removed and tested. has anyone else had a child go through this and if so what was the outcome? Any help, advice or information welcome. From one very anxious mummy, thank you.

• Hi Mrs Glassgalffull

I can understand your concern over your little girl.  I personally don't know any child that has had anything like this.  I am elderly and have had 2 basal cell skin cancers removed from my face.  Looking at your pictures it does resemble what my hubby has just had removed which was a cutaneous horn.  This is an overgrowth of keratin that sometimes happens, non malignant normally and you can barely see his scar now and it is 5 weeks since the operation. Has your Consultant mentioned what he thinks it could be or waiting until it is removed. Please keep in touch and here for you anytime you want to chat as this site has been my lifeline and I know it has for others too.  Good Luck and my good wishes to your little girl xx