How long is the wait for referral for skin biopsy

• 2 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hi just wondered if anyone  knows what the wait time is from being told a skin lesion needs biopsy to actually recieving the appointment, it's been 2 weeks and I have heard nothing even though I have had a fast growing squamous cell carcinoma removed from my eyelid about 5 years ago ,I dont remember having  to wait weeks for an appointment but I know things have changed a lot since then I had to have plastic surgery after that so I am a little worried as this new one is on my face again

• HI Vivacedaisy  I have had 2 bcc's on my face.  My gp sent a two week cancer urgent referral to my local hospital and I received a reply from them within 2 days to make an appointment.  However, as we were in Bupa I made an appointment myself with a dermatologist at Nuffield Hospital.  Gp wanted me to go with Nhs as my private appointment was 6 weeks.  However I decided to stay with Bupa and go privately and so glad I did.  Dermatologist took one look and said I cant do that you need a plastic surgeon so he organised that and I have had skin flap and skin graft procedures done.  If I was you I would contact your hospital and ask what is happening especially in view of your history.  These pesky things are such a nuisasnce.  This group has been m,y life line during difficult times.  Keep in touch and here for you to chat to any time you are feeling down.  Good luck xx

• Hi Harlyn thanks for replying I am going to ring gp tomorrow and see if they can follow this up for me. I'm so glad you were able to get it sorted, all the best, Donna