Basal Cell on arm

• 2 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi, has anyone had bcc on their arm, I have had a mark on arm for approx 3 to 4 years now and today had a biopsy, doc pretty sure its basal cell carcinoma and is referring me immediately. I have previously had a Thymoma approx 2 years ago, dont think its connected. Not sure how I will  treated but should  I be worried

• Hi and welcome to the skin cancer group 

I've recently had a BCC removed from my chest so not in the same area as you. 

The excision biopsy quite often removes the whole BCC so then no further treatment is required. However, if it doesn't you'll have a further excision which is normally done under a local anaesthetic the same as the biopsy excision you've already had. 

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions we'll do our best here to answer them.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could update your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. If you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I'm in pretty much the same situation! I've had a lump on my arm for a while, but recently it's grown bigger so I went to the doctor - and I've been told it's a BCC. I haven't had a biopsy yet, though, but am expecting an appointment soon.