Skin Cancer that is deep in the abdominal wall, an operation wound from 16 yrs ago that has never healed. Told that no treatment is available.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Its my father, we have had many conflicting diagnosis. Has any one else ?

• Hi and welcome to the online community

Do you mind me asking what type of skin cancer your father has? Mine was a melanoma which was removed 4 years ago. I then had to have a wide local excision to make sure that no cells had been left behind. This didn't leave an unhealed wound though.

If you could provide a bit more information, there may be someone in the group who has had a similar experience and can help you further.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, thank you for your reply. 2004 my father had a serious operation for a ruptured bowel. Resulting in a colostomy bag. This the wound that has never healed, and recently diagnosed as a marjolin ulcer.

• Hi  and thanks for coming back with the extra information.

I typed 'marjolin ulcer' into the search bar in the group to see if anyone else has mentioned having this but, unfortunately, didn't find anyone.

You could post a question in the ask a nurse section of the community asking about possible treatment. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

Do come back and let us know what the nurse says.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you ever so much. X