Multiple SCC's

• 1 reply
  • 35 subscribers

Hi 

To date been on the Head and neck pages, quick explanation.  I had Epiglottis cancer diagnosed May 2019 which was cured by two laser surgery's.  Then in Feb this year I developed a lesion on my lip which was biopsied and was an SCC.  Contrary to usual behaviour this was a rapid growing hostile thing, which grew too fast for surgical removal and i had radiotherapy, completed in May 2020.  Within 5 weeks I developed a few strange blistery growths on the edge of the radiotherapy margin, one was not cancerous but the other one is and again had grown quite large so rather than remove by local I was referred for general and have an appointment this wednesday 16th Se4pt.  I also have a mirror image of this new growth on my chest which has not been biopsied but I would bet on it being another SCC they will remove and send off at the same time and thrown into the mix I have had multiple Keratoacanthomas for over 40 years and I have a few of these on my face due to the radiation damage.  Its a bit complex and to be honest am not sure what department I should be in or who is the main department to deal with me.  Quite a long post called here we go round the mulberry bush on the head and neck page if anyone is bored.  I also have a new growth coming on my nose, am just asking has anyone else had such multiple cancers within such a short time span.  Ref cause they think it was caused by taking immunosuppressants for Crohns, but they just keep on coming and it is getting me down now.  Doesnt appear life threatening but 3 different ones confirmed within 15 months seems a lot.  In addition i have a couple of lung nodules they are doing a ct for every 3 months possible lung cancer but not biopsyable.  Anyone had any experience of this mess that is my life.  

All the best Mo

• Hi Mo and welcome to the skin cancer group

I'm sorry to read that you've had to join us after previously being diagnosed with epiglottis cancer.

I haven't had keratoacanthomas or SCCs, mine was a melanoma, but I can understand why having these problems would get you down.

I've had a look for any other posters here with multiple SCCs but drawn a blank I'm afraid. There are quite a few people who've experienced multiple BCCs but not multiple SCCs.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"