Hi again

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Last year my GP diagnosed a BCC just below my bottom lip,I had a hospital appointment in October but had to cancel it a few days before due to a heavy cold.The referrals service said at the time they would re-book me.

Since then it feels like it has spread inside my mouth,so I chased up the hospital referral service for another appointment,apparently they hadn't re-booked one.The clinic rang me yesterday and my appointment is on January 20th.

I'll let you know what happens after I've been.

• Oh, that must be incredibly frustrating to find that your appointment hasn't been rescheduled. However, the 20th isn't long to wait now.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks,it was more annoyance than frustration over them not rescheduling the appointment,but at least I've got one now for the 20th.

As you say,not long to wait now.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Had my appointment earlier,the Registrar I saw confirmed it as a BCC and has referred me to another local hospital for a biopsy and removal in due course.

I will update as soon as I know more.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I've now had the letter for my next appointment.It's on April 1st at Leicester Royal Infirmary in the Minor Ops Clinic.

I've got two months to just carry on as normal,but as a photographer I like going on coach day trips to various places.I won't be booking any for that month though,in case I'm not well enough after the op.

• I bet you're releaved now that you finally have a date for your op .

Do come back and let us know how you get on and, in the meantime, enjoy your trips out. 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember

Hi,yes very relieved,and I'll enjoy my trips thanks.

I'll let you know what happened after I've had it all done.

• FormerMember

Have just rung the clinic and my appointment has been cancelled,which is understandable with the Covid-19 outbreak happening.

They will send me a new one in due course.

• That must be very disappointing even if you do understand why it's happened.

Keep in touch.

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

To be honest I was kind of expecting it,which is why I phoned up to check. But I get the feeling that I wouldn't have been told it was cancelled,and therefore had a wasted journey on that morning,wasted taxi fare too!

I'll keep in touch and let you know when I get any news.

• FormerMember

Hi,

I now have an appointment on August 18th,my last one for April was cancelled if you remember.

I think any treatment may be more extensive than originally planned because the BCC has slowly spread into my mouth over the last few months,but we shall see.

Kind Regards

ROYW