Stitch remaining

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi everyone . Hope everyone is keeping well .

It’s almost 3 weeks since I had surgery to remove my cancer , it’s literally baby steps for me . I’m still in some pain . Finding it really uncomfortable if I turn round in bed and sitting on my chair although 4 inch foam cushions are the way forward as my surgery has been in my nether regions . I had a shower about an hour ago and felt a stitch down below . I just got the stitches out last Friday and high was not fun at all . Not sure if I need to make another appt . It’s blue in colour .

I went for a really short walk holding onto my husband for dear life and I’m totally puffed out . I’m realising things are going to take a long while until I’m back to my former self . Another 8 weeks to wait to see if it’s all been removed so I feel my life’s been put on hold for the time being .  Over and out for now folks . Xx

• Hi  

Except for my first surgery, all of my wounds have been closed with dissolvable stitches which is a lot better as you don't have to go through the discomfort of having them removed.

I didn't have any rogue stitches remaining after my first surgery but I would think it would be best to give either your doctor's surgery or hospital team a call to ask if this final stitch needs to be removed or whether it will work its way out on its own.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username. 

I hope you start to feel more comfortable soon x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks so much for replying . I bit the bullet and spoke to my cancer team about the stitch . I’ve got another appointment tomorrow 20/09 to have it removed . Not looking forward to it but on the scale of things that’s happened really having the stitch removed is only a tiny part . I’m not lying though I wish they hadn’t left a random stitch last week when the rest was removed .