After Aldara imiquimod cream

• 3 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Has anyone else used this cream for BCC 

I had small cancer lesion on my chest ( about half an inch ) after using the cream my chest was so very sore and the oozing and weeping and bleeding was all over my chest and going up my neck , I have never felt so ill and tired in all my life . The treatment was for 6 weeks but I only managed 5 as I couldn't tolerate the burning and pain  , was wondering if anyone else had the same reactions.

As I have now stopped the cream my chest is getting much better but is still very pink and wanted to know roughly when it will be back to normal , I would appreciate any comments .

• Hi everyone.  I am always posting and helping people on this site who have Basal cell skin cancers as I have had two nasty ones.  I need you advice now please.  Hubby has done 3 weeks Efudix cream on rwo actinic Keratosis on his face.  Cream stopped two days ago and gone very blotchy and bleeding slightly on his pillow at night.  We see the Consultant in 5 weeks time to see if the cream has worked, or if they will have to be surgically removed.  Is the bleeding and redness normal please, as this is new to me.  I see from the above comments people have been using a different cream and getting similar results, so assume Efudix cream may give a similar outcome.  Thank you for your help and good luck to everyone in similar situation.

• Hi Harlyn I've just seen your post. I've used this cream before and yes the area became very red and sore and bled at times...  it took several weeks for it to clear up....  hope he gets on OK and doesn't need surgery

• Hi susey, I am at week five and in absolute agony, burning , weeping, cracking. I have managed to get a hospital appointment next week to review the site as I am now so anxious having stopped the cream but I just cannot cope! and just finished antibiotics as I got an infection, the area is now so big now and only started as yours a small mark. I can see you post is 3 months old, hoping you are now able to answer the question you asked, and hoping you now have the all clear and don’t need any further treatment?