Enzalutimide

• 3 replies
  • 153 subscribers

Hi, I’ve been on enzalutimide for just over 2yrs my PSA is 0.02 which is very good considering it was 275 on diagnosis

Initial treatment was Zolidex and 6 rounds of Chemo. This was effective for around 18 month the PSA began to rise hence the enzalutimide.

I was diagnosed in 2017 I’m now experiencing greater fatigue plus  neck and shoulder pain and right hip pain.

I’m finding the fatigue really difficult to accept as I used to be very fit prior diagnosis. I do realise I have much to be thankful for but do have some dark mood days. 
This is my first post on here I suppose it’s somewhere to write down my thoughts. Callas 

• . I also suffer from fatigue, it would be beneficial to speak to your GP. I had blood tests which showed a b12 deficiency, this was initially resolved with supplements and now receive a 3 month b12 injection

• Hi

I’am on enzalutamide as well, and it does cause a lot of fatigue and tiredness like young man says, I would definitely get your bloods checked for iron, sugar level, white cells, these are not normally part of the usual PSA tests. I’ve just had mine done and been put on iron supplements I know they will take a while to kick in. 
    stay safe

Joe

1. Thank you for reply, I will certainly mention this to both oncologist and GP.