Finished Radium 223

• 3 replies
  • 154 subscribers

I have just finished Radium treatment but now am in absolute agony with lower back pain and having to use a stick . PSA 59 was told always rises during treatment 

been 11 years had the surgery , 47 sessions of radiotherapy and 6 of chemo plus the radium .. am shall we say a little fed up 

• Hi Ickleman. 

I don't think that there r many on here who have had Radium treatment so difficult to advise on your problem back pain.

I would contact your cancer centre for advice on what to do.

Best wishes

Steve

• Sorry to read this Ickleman, hopefully someone who has experienced radium 223 will come along too. 

Ido4

• Hi Ickleman

i completed 6 sessions of Radium223 in Nov, my PSA had risen during treatment and risen again since to 26 so likely to start on Enzalutimide very soon and not enthusiastic about potential fatigue and other issues. It’s difficult to recall if I had increased back ache as I do have bone mets but luckily this is manageable as long as I don’t overdo work effort. It will be a good idea to give the Oncology help line and the Radium team a call to discuss your back pain as they will want to help. Don’t leave it too long before you seek help.

Hope all goes well.