Travel Insurance

• 3 replies
  • 105 subscribers

Hi all, 

I'm looking to get away for a bit with my husband but our dream to go even a short trip is turning into a nightmare. Can anyone recommend an insurance provider who they felt were good and maybe who doesn't cost £3,000.

• Hello   Oh a holiday!! - I have 3 weeks and 3 days to go before mine, not that I am counting!! 

We do have a special forum for this subject and here's the link to it

Travel insurance forum for cancer patients 

Just click the link and it will take you there, you can then join the forum and repost your question.

On a personal note I have an annual worldwide policy for me and Mrs Millibob - (she has issues too - health I should add) with insurance-with for £780ish. I am a Gleason 9 T3aN0M0 on HT having finished Radiotherapy.

One thing we found out is after filling in the online form most Companies use the same algorithms and after you have filled out the form it says "ring us for a quote" so we cut out the forms and just rang the various companies. All the premiums were up and down but at least you know you have told them everything when you telephone.

I hope this helps and you have a great holiday.

Best wishes - Brian Sunglasses

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hello   I have just remembered we also have this thread from last week - just click on the link.

RE: Travel Insurance with Prostate Cancer 

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• I went on moneysupermarket.com and there's an option for pre-existing conditions. I got an Annual Europe policy for the wife and I for £67