Hot and cold flushes

• 6 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Hi everyone I've recently had radiotherapy and hormone treatment for prostate cancer.

I have constant hot and cold flushes which are completely debilitating!

Does anyone else experience these?

I would really appreciate some advise on how to deal with them!

Thank you and take care 

• If they are debilitating then speak to your Doc and get medication for them.  There is medication available.

• Hello Delpops, mine were bad too , it was debilatating. Over the counter Sage and accupuncture(10 week course) did not work for me. Oncolgist prescribed Cyproterone 50mgm which did the trick. Hope you get some relief.

Regards, Graham. 

• Hi 

I used to get some wicked hot flushes, got the doctor to prescribe Provera, it works ask about it.

Stay safe

Joe

• Hello  

A warm welcome to the "club" although I see you have "been there - done that" with HT and RT.

For my intense hot flushes I am on Sage Tablets - I use Menoforce from Holland & Barrett (other herbalists are available) and they work a treat for me - they are a tad expensive but a night's sleep is worth every penny.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Brian

Thank you for your reply. I haven't gone down the meds. route yet BCS I'm already on Morphine (MST Continus - 5mg per day) and steroids (Prednisolone - 4mg per day). I will look into Sage and Menoforce tho.

Thank you and take care

Del 

• Thanks Graham

I'll look into that

Take care

Del