A different day

• 9 replies
  • 111 subscribers
  • Today is my birthday and we should have been flying out to Tenerife to join our cruise ship for 2 weeks around the Greek islands. Never mind I am sure an appointment with the hospital oncologist and blood test for husband today will be justRevolving heartsWave as much fun, especially if he cracks one of his not funny jokes.  Instead of being wined and dined at the captain's table tonight (in my dreams) we are having a dine for 2 from mark's and Spencer. Just loving be able to celebrate another birthday together and long may they last. 
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  Birthday

I hope you have a good one and you do have plenty to celebrate - even though you aren't on a cruise - but that pleasure is slowly becoming a reality.

Best wishes - Brian xx

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Happy Birthday Shar.

Have a great day. It's mine on Monday and I will be spending it running around getting the next round of chemo drugs.

1. Well what a difference seeing a different doctor makes. I came out on cloud nine instead of somewhere in the fog feeling down in the dumps. He was lovely, so positive and answered all my questions. Hope we see him next time. Thank you for my birthday messages x
  • Hi Shar.

Just been watching a large yacht sail into the bay, sitting listening to Queen's ' I want to break free' which made me think of your missed cruise. Another year hopefully. Have a lovely meal at the 'captains table'

Glad you had a more productive meeting today Slight smile and all the best for the next round on Friday Thumbsup

• Well it's my birthday today and I have spent 3 hours travelling to our nearest town to pick up my husband's chemotherapy drugs ready for Wednesday. I was expecting a battle with the Greek state pharmacy as I was also asking for my husband's Enzalutamide slightly earlier than normal and this is usually refused which would have meant another 3 hour journey later in the week. I smiled sweetly at the pharmacist, he obviously took pity on me and handed them over, wishing us luck with the chemo. VICTORY!!! Now just have the 4 hour journey to Athens on Wednesday to cope with and hopefully not with an inebriated hubby on the way back.

Off out with friends for a meal this evening to celebrate.

• Have a great birthday - not too much Ouzo tonight!!  Enjoy the meal.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Happy birthday all the best people have birthdays in sept. Enjoy your evening and hope all goes well for your husband on Wednesday