Congratulations Brian

• 23 replies
  • 118 subscribers

Great to see that you are now a Community Champion. We'll deserved.

• Hello All and Thank You Thumbsup.

It came as a surprise to me too! I was asked a couple of weeks ago if I was interested by the admin staff. I took 24 hours to think it over whilst reading the role and in the end thought "why not". I have spent the last couple of weeks doing online training as there is much more to the job than meets the eye and I am a slow learner. It's all been very interesting and it's kept me out of the sun (and bar).

My prime role is to look after you lot on the Prostate Cancer forum but I have a few other tasks so you that stray to other places may find me there too!

Honest opinion - I never even considered the job and feel very humble to have been asked. I just hope I can over time hone my new skills into being a valued contribution to the Community.

Thanks again all for your continued support - keep well everyone.

Best wishes as ever

Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Wow! Well done Brian! Well deserved, too!  You have helped so many of us as we travel along this rocky road and I’m sure you will be great in this new role!

• Thanks WW - You have also been an inspiration to me during my journey too! Your input and empathy in your posts has helped so many people - keep it up and Thanks again.

Best wishes as ever

Brian.

Community Champion badge

• Wow and a massive congratulations Tadafrom me, you have been a life saver along with many others on here and have always answered my questions quickly and with no jargon. Your sense of humour makes me laugh and i certainly needed that at times. Well done and well deserved. X

• Well done Brian you always seem to be there for people.Your advice is spot on and very helpful cheers Bob 

• Thanks Shar - I don't do it for the thanks - it's the satisfaction that I have helped someone - I was there 18 months ago - lost in a world I didn't understand. There are people around today who I am in debt to for my help at the start - and they know who they are. Thumbsup.

As for humour - with any form of cancer you need it - it can be a lonely journey - I have found out who my "true" friends are after embarking on this journey.

Best wishes - and thanks again.

Brian.

Community Champion badge

• Thanks Bob - I do try. I just like to think I can put back in what I have had out - and a little bit more.

Cheers - Brian.

Community Champion badge

• Hello Brian and well done on becoming a community champion.

You have helped me and I am sure many others with kind words and support.

Thank you

Peter